Due to some significant illness in our district this is a good time to talk with your children about good hand washing, coughing into the sleeve and keeping hands away from mouth, nose and eyes. Also, here are some general guidelines to follow to determine when a child should stay home from school.
· Any fever
· Vomiting within the past 24 hours
· Having frequent diarrhea stools
· Difficulty Breathing
· Open sores that are draining
· White part of the eye is red
· Child has an unexplained rash
· Persistent coughing
· Your child acts or looks sick
In these events we ask that you keep your child home for 24 hours’ fever and symptom free, without any use of medication, before returning to school. If your child is needing antibiotics for infection prescribed by a physician, we ask for your child to be on that medication for 24 hours before returning to school with a doctor’s note.